Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 29 Challenge, Architecture


Well alrighty now, it's been such a long time since I've been able to put anything up. Or even keep track of what everyone else is doing. *sigh, working two jobs can do that to a person. Draw a piece of architecture, what a joke, I tried doing this about six months ago. Ended up ripping it apart, architecture and perspective are definitely not my thing.
But now I'm teaching a drawing class and the final assignment was to draw a two-point perspective. *sigh, I felt that I really needed to do this assignment myself. So I tried it again.
Hmmmm, well, it's certainly not the best, but certainly way better than my first attempt six months ago. Maybe I could draw for Dr. Seuss books instead!

Karin

5 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

Oh my gosh...are you kidding me...this is awesome! A fantastic job! :)

Anonymous said...

Mind u, I am no artist nor an art critic. When u first showed me this piece on ur pad, I wasn't impressed but something changed. Putting it up here put it into a different perspective. It's awesome. I can actually see Detroit skylines. I am impressed now. Art is in the eye of the beholder & what my eye beholds is "awesome". Think ur beyond Dr. Seuss" books my dear. Very good!

Anonymous said...

Love it! It looks exactly like the corner of Chicago Ave. and State Street in Chicago.

Christie said...

The colors are great and the piece as a whole has a geometric abstraction "feel" to it (that's not to say it doesn't look like a cityscape!) that I find very exciting.

Sharon Constant said...

You are way to critical of yourself. I think this is excellent!